Monday, August 11, 2008

IT News by Yoda

After reading this rather speculative piece of journalism about Google buying Sprint, I noticed a similar piece in my Google Alerts, but this time read by Yoda.

My guess is that this is the product of double translation (English > Jedi > English), which garbles the text enough to make it unique, but it still looks like English to a computer (almost by definition). This makes the search engine favour it, and puts eyeballs on the adverts. Either that or it makes perfect sense and I am having a stroke.

A good example of double translation mishaps is the Hungarian Madonna interview, which I find out now is actually a spoof, but still worth a look.



As an illustration, here is this blog post sent to Japanese and back via Google Translate:

I read the piece rather speculative buying after the sprint Google about journalism, I have my work is similar to Google Alerts, however, at this point, read by Yoda.

My guess is that this is the product of the double translation (English> Jedi> English), which garbles the text enough to make it unique, but still follows English to a computer (roughly defined by) . As a result, the search engine in favor of the ad by the eyeball search. One sense, or is it makes perfect and I am a stroke.

A good example of the accident, Hungarian double translation of an interview with Madonna, it is actually a spoof now discovered that I still want to look at your value.


To be fair, it does a great job and is almost perfect for European languages.

No comments: